Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Driving Through The Country Side


I've been to California a lot. But the part that sticks out the most is when I drove there from Minnesota.

There is nothing like driving cross country as apposed to flying. At the time, the only places that I've been to in the states were California, Wisconsin, Iowa and of course, Minnesota.

We headed down south through Iowa then on through Missouri and over through Kansas. I have nothing against Kansas, but driving through nothing but 10 hours of corn fields gets a little boring after a while.

Arriving in Denver for the first time was cool. It's neat to see the Rockies just beyond the downtown area. It then took a few hours to get through the mountains and over to Utah. We then headed down through the Las Vegas, Nevada area, where we stopped and had some fun at an outdoor water park, and then on to California.

I think the entire trip took around 35+ hours of driving. Although it is great to see the country side for the first time, I've stuck to airplanes ever since.

6 comments:

  1. Denver sounds like a really great city, and that's a nice photo of it. It must have taken you a long time to drive all over the country like that. I hope you had good weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if I could stand being in the car that long 35 hours is a long time! It sounds like you had a great experience though! The longest time I've traveled on the road was when my youth group took a bus trip to Colorado, and it took about 16-17 hours. I enjoyed reading your article. I like the picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love driving! Though I guess I can get a bit fidgety! Good story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, 35 hours is a long drive! I know what you mean though, driving is a fun experience, but after you've done it once it's nice to just ride airplanes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. did you take that picture? It's gorgeous!! I love it.
    I love road trips, they are so much fun. My family took a long road trip from Minnesota to California too. And we stopped in so many fun places. It was a great experience.
    We also took a trip by bus to Mexico. And for some mission trips with my church I've driven to Maryland and Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grade: 9.5
    Mistake: Las Vegas, Nev.

    ReplyDelete