Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Halloween Costume Memories


My funnest memories during Halloween are when my dad use to make me and my two brothers costumes. I remember one particular year when I was younger, he somehow took older clothes, made them into cool looking costumes, and helped paint my face as a clown. He had a knack for painting cool looking things, so I remember getting a lot of compliments in school during that Halloween. I also remember being tired from carrying my big sack of candy later that evening as well. It must have been heavier than I was. Fun times.

6 comments:

  1. fun! Gotta love thrifty-ness that actually looks cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the most innovative idea for a Halloween costume! I have never heard of turning old clothes turned to clown suits, but what a unique idea. No wonder you got compliments. The face painting sounds like it was fun, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best costumes are the ones you make yourself! I always had to make mine myself when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just in case “funnest” isn’t a real word, then maybe “funniest” would be a good substitute. All the details gave this summary a personal touch. Ken, I think you have a knack of telling a good story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grimes- Actually "funniest" would change the meaning of my sentence. I think "funnest" is like a slang word. I really never thought about until now. Thank you for bringing it up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grade: 9.5/10
    • Run-on sentence: I remember one particular year when I was younger, he somehow took older clothes
    *Note: Funnest is a regular superlative of the adjective fun. However, the use of fun as an adjective is itself still often seen as informal[1] or casual[2] and to be avoided in formal writing, and this would apply equally to the superlative form. Merriam-Webster, however, gives fun as an adjective without comment, and states that funner and funnest are ‘sometimes’ used[3]. Because of the remaining stigma, most fun may be preferred in formal writing.

    ReplyDelete